The Amherst-Nashua Area WAPF Chapter
The Amherst-Nashua Chapter offers meetings at about once per month to foster community and the exchange of information about nutrition and health. The chapter is here to support persons looking for local, unadulterated foods like organic produce, quality whole milk, and pasture-fed meats as well as other healthful resources.
Sign-up for our Chapter News Announcements to hear about meetings and events!
Next Chapter Meeting -aka- Nourishing Traditions Meeting:
Date: Tuesday, April 4, 2017
TIME: 6:30 – 8:15 pm
PLACE: Amherst Library – Johnson Room
General discussion regarding nutrition and health…
Our chapter meetings are informal, informative, free and open to all WAPF Members and friends.
We are an active WAPF Chapter since 1999!
Previous meetings & topics…
- March 2: Herbs for Common Illnesses by Rivka Schwartz: herbalist, wellness coach & environmental educator
- Feb 9: snowed out!
- Oct. 29: autoimmune illnesses, Lyme dis-ease open discussion, post a book talk at Toadstool Bookshop by local Homeopath, Katina Makris.
- Aug.11: open discussion summer menus, fermented foods, etc.
- July 18: Pickling: Traditional, Probiotic Methods/Demo by Rivka Schwartz: educator, naturalist, herbalist, & wellness coach
- June 27, open discussion – healthy teeth, etc.
- April 26: open discussion local resources, etc.
- March 24, Health: Strong Bones: Maria Noel Groves, clinical herbalist, educator & author. Ref. www.wintergreenbotanicals.com
- Feb.22, open discussion of nourishing resources, food techniques and timely topics
- Jan.28, Homeopathic Cell Salts for Home & Farm by local, Homeopath Tanya Renner, CCH, RSHom(NA), and educator