Weston A Price Foundation-Columbia SC Chapter
2017 Resource List
This list is not all inclusive. There are new stores, farmer’s markets and farms that I discover regularly. I will update this list as I uncover new resources! If you know of a resource that hasn’t been included on this list, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com and I will add it!
- City Roots-Local produce, free range eggs, local honey. Website: http://cityroots.org/. Address: 1005 Airport Blvd. Columbia, SC 29205. Contact Information: (803)-254-2302. Can purchase products at the Soda City Market, and at the farm stand on the City Roots property. The farm stand is open Monday-Friday 9-5.
- Carolina Bay Farms-pastured heritage pork, chicken and eggs and sustainably grown produce. Find on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/CarolinaBayFarms and contact: (803)-422-4929 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Doko Farm-pasture raised/grass fed chicken, duck, turkey, pork, lamb and eggs as well as local honey. Website: http://www.dokofarm.org/. Address: 2101 Cedar Creek Road
Blythewood, SC 29016. Contact info: email@example.com phone: (803)-873-7739. Products can be purchased directly from the farm.
- Wil-Moore Farm-Pasture raised beef, pork, goat, lamb, free range chicken, turkey and eggs. Certified organic farm. Website: http://www.wil-moorefarms.com/default.htm. Contact info: Robin and Keith Willoughby (803)-438-3097. Products can be purchased at the Soda City Market, 14 Carrot Whole Food and Rosewood Market. Full price list for their products available on website.
- Trail Ridge Farm-Raw goat milk, raw goat buttermilk, whey, goat cheese, pastured eggs. Website: http://farmingthecarolinas.blogspot.com/p/trail-ridge-farm-price-list.html. Products can be purchased at the Soda City Market.
- Boss Farms- offering grass fed beef, pasture raised/free range chicken and eggs. Available from the farm or at Soda City Market. http://www.bossfarms.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org 803-427-7163
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)
- City Roots-CSA started in 2011. Seasons run June through October and November through December. Also have an additional market style CSA. CSA pickup at City Roots. Website: http://www.cityroots.org/csa/ . Address: 1005 Airport Blvd. Columbia, SC 29205. (803)-254-2302.
- Gruber Family CSA Farm- Farm has been open since 1948. Two CSA seasons. Spring (April through July) and Fall (late August through late November). Have convenient drops in Columbia. Website: https://gruber-csa-farm.com/ or call Stanley Gruber at 843-563-1159 or Susan G. Kirlin at 843-693-7069.
- South Carolina State Farmer’s Market-help year-round. Contain vendors that sell certified SC grown produce, eggs and honey. Website: https://agriculture.sc.gov/divisions/agricultural-services/state-farmers-markets/ Address: 3483 Charleston Highway, Columbia, SC 29172 Phone: 803-737-4664
- Soda City Market –In Downtown Columbia, each Saturday. Year round from 9 am-1 pm. Takes place rain or shine. Local meat, dairy, seafood, honey and more. Website: http://sodacitysc.com/ Address: 1500 block of Main Street in Downtown Columbia. To find out which vendors will be at the market or to contact them for more information, go to their website.
- Sandhills Farmer’s Market-NE Columbia. Runs May through November. Local produce, meat, dairy, eggs, honey. Location: Clemson University’s Sandhill Research and Education Center at 900 Clemson Rd, Columbia, SC 29229, across from the Village at Sandhill. Check website for more information Website: https://www.clemson.edu/public/sandhill/programs/farmers_market.html
- City Roots Farmer’s Market- Takes place every Thursday from 4-7 pm year-round. Offers local organic produce, meats, eggs, dairy, honey and artisanal baked goods. Find out more about this market here: 1005 Airport Blvd Columbia, SC 29205 (803) 254-2302 | email@example.com Website: http://www.cityroots.org/city-roots-farmers-market/
- Rosewood Market-locally owned. Carries local organic produce, meat, dairy, raw goat’s milk, eggs, organic foods, raw cow’s milk, grass fed meat, some raw cheese. Website: http://www.rosewoodmarket.com/index.html. Address: 2803 Rosewood Drive Columbia, South Carolina 29205. Hours: Monday-Saturday 8am-8:00pm, Sunday 9am-6pm. Phone: (803)765-1083.
- 14 Carrot Whole Foods-locally owned. Carries raw cow’s milk, local organic produce, local grass fed beef, fermented foods, raw cheese, nitrate free bacon and sausage, free range local eggs, local honey, organic food. Website: http://www.14carrot.net/retailer/store_templates/shell_id_1.asp?storeID=GAG3HUC058S92LR80G03N0ET955F8CCC. Address: 5300 Sunset Blvd. Lexington, SC 29072. Hours: Monday-Saturday 8am-8pm. Sunday 1pm-6pm. Phone: (803)359-2920.
- Earth Fare- Carries organic food, non-homogenized organic milk, some raw cheeses, nitrite-free bacon, grass-fed beef, some local organic produce. Website: http://www.earthfare.com/sitecore/content/EarthFare/OurStores/Columbia.aspx. Address: 3312-B Devine Street. Columbia, SC 29205. Hours: Monday-Saturday 8am-9pm. Sunday 9am-9pm. Phone: (803)799-0048.
- Whole Foods- Carries organic food, non-homogenized organic milk, some raw cheeses, nitrite-free bacon, grass-fed beef, some local organic produce. Address: 702 Cross Hill Rd. Fort Jackson Blvd. Suite 300. Columbia, SC 29205-2084. Hours: Monday-Saturday 7am-9pm. Sunday 9am-9pm. Phone: (803)509-6700.