Local Food Sources
Would you like to be listed on this resource page?
ALSO: A question not on the form that we’d like to include is, where can customers find you? At the farm only? Any farmer’s markets? Any drops in certain areas of the city? Be specific and we’ll add it below. (Or email any changes or additions to info@NourishingWays.org.)
NOTE: The form at that link is geared toward farmers, so if you’re not a farmer, please just fill out as much as possible that applies to the local food you offer.
Here’s an article you may want to check out: What knowing your farmer looks like.
Know your farmer. Don’t be afraid to ask questions about how they raise your food.
Listed below are farms/food producers who have filled out our information form.
*PLEASE NOTE that showing up in this list only means that they have filled out the form so you can find out more about how they operate. It does not mean that Nourishing Ways of West Michigan or the Weston A. Price Foundation recommends them. We are unable to visit every farm or monitor their business/farming practices, so we encourage you to use what you read here to get to know your farmers and food producers better, and be sure to visit them and ask questions, too!
From the WAPF:
The Weston A. Price Foundation does not endorse, certify, or inspect food producers or their facilities, or verify the information they provide. Producers are listed for the convenience of consumers, who should exercise their own judgment as to whether to purchase or consume products from listed producers.
The Weston A. Price Foundation provides lists of producers and guidelines for the purpose of supporting consumer rights to ensure the continued supply of real food products for those who choose them.
- The Angelus Farms – Alto (Find them on the farm by appointment due to unpredictable schedules.)
- Blossom Ridge Farm and Dairy – Kent City (Find them on the farm for pick-up. Their eggs are also available for a Rockford drop-off: 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month at 4:15 pm in the SE corner of the parking lot — order by the Wednesday prior at email@example.com.)
- Cairnmoor Farm – Greenville (Find them on the farm for pick-up.)
- Country Winds Farm – Zeeland (Find them on the farm, but note that the milk is only sold via the goat share program. The cheese anyone can buy and they have a refrigerator in the garage with a self-serve system. Also find them at the Holland Farmers Market, Rockford Farmers Market, Kalamazoo Farmers Market, Pentwater Farmers Market, and in South Haven now on Saturdays. Their cheese is sold at Harvest Health Foods and Nourish Organic Market.)
- Crane Dance Farm – Middleville
- Creswick Farms – Ravenna
- Eden Farm / Schmiedicke Farm – Greenville
- Good Land Grower Farm – Greenville (Find them on the farm by appointment.)
- Green Pastures Farm – Coopersville
- Lubbers Family Farm – Grand Rapids (Find them at their farm store – mid-May through October, selling eggs, cuts of meats, honey, and baked goods on Saturdays 10 am – 2 pm. Also find the Little Rooster Bread Company’s fermented breads at the Fulton Street Farmers Market on Saturdays plus many local stores, check www.littlerooster.net for a listing.)
- Provision Family Farm – White Cloud (Find them on the farm, at the Sweetwater Market in Muskegon, Saturday 9-12. They also have monthly drop-offs in Rockford, Newaygo and Big Rapids and would like to set up more.)
- Regan Family Farm – Byron Center
- The Shire Farm – Sheridan
- Springbrook Farm – Marne
- Two Pines Farm – Marcellus (They can deliver to Kalamazoo and occasionally Lansing.)
- Two Sparrows Farm – Lowell (Farm tours are held Saturdays at 2:00 pm. You can also find them at their Grand Rapids delivery locations. Please contact to confirm your visit.)
- Woodbridge Dairy Farm – Byron Center
More local resources: