Choose one step at a time and make changes gradually.
- Eliminate processed, refined and artificial foods. Prepare fresh, whole foods instead. “If it has ingredients, don’t eat it.”
- Consume traditional fats, such as coconut oil, olive oil, butter and other animal fats, instead of factory-produced polyunsaturated oils. Make your own salad dressing with olive oil, vinegar and seasonings.
- Eat beef, poultry, lamb, organ meats and eggs from pasture-fed animals. Eat wild-caught fish.
- Eat lots of fresh vegetables and fruits, preferably organic.
- Make bone broth and consume regularly in soups and sauces.
- Say no to sugar. Instead, use local raw honey, pure maple syrup, coconut sugar or sucanat in moderation.
- Eat eggs and bacon from animals on pasture; soaked oatmeal; sourdough toast; or a smoothie made with fruit and yogurt for breakfast instead of commercially produced breakfast cereals.
- Include fermented foods in the diet: vegetables (like sauerkraut), fruits, beverages and condiments.
- Replace non-fat, pasteurized, homogenized milk with full-fat milk products from pasture-fed cows, preferably raw and/or fermented, such as raw cheese, yogurt, kefir and butter.