- Andronico’s in San Anselmo
- Driver’s Market in Sausalito
- Good Earth Foods in Fairfax and Mill Valley
- Harvest Market in Novato
- Mollie Stone’s in Greenbrae and Sausalito
- Oasis Health Food in Novato
- Nugget Markets in Corte Mader a and Novato
- Sprouts Farmers Market in San Rafael
For local raw goat dairy:
For raw dairy shipped to Marin:
Please also see the advertising section in the Wise Traditions journals for more farms that ship raw dairy.
Here are questions to ask a raw dairy to help you find high-quality milk sources (from Dr Mercola):
- Does the farmer and his entire family drink the milk themselves?
- Does the farmer test his milk for pathogens, and can he prove that his product has a low pathogenic population?
- Are the cows fed with natural grass on a pasture? If not, what are they feeding the cows?
- How long has the farmer been in business producing raw milk?
- What conditions are the cows raised in? Do they look healthy?
- Is the farm accredited with sanitation standards? In a related note, does the farm have a history of sanitation problems?
- Is the milk quickly chilled after collecting?
- Are cows given antibiotics and growth hormones? (Remember, organic standards do not allow this practice.)