Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund
5th Anniversary Celebration
Saturday, July 7, 2012
Geoffrey Morell and Sally Fallon Morell’s Farm and Creamery
P.A. Bowen Farmstead, 15701 Doctor Bowen Road, Brandywine, MD 20613
Celebration Farmstead Lunch & Tour: 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Premium Tour & Breakfast Upgrade: Begins at 8:30 am
This year, Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund celebrates their 5th year helping protect and expand our food rights!
Join us to celebrate them at a special event, Saturday, July 7, Independence Day weekend, at P.A. Bowen Farmstead, the southern Maryland farm, creamery and home of Geoffrey Morell and Sally Fallon Morell. Sally is the author of Nourishing Traditions and President of the Weston A. Price Foundation.
Reserve your tickets today!
Register early and save $40 or more! Early Bird Registration closes June 20.
CELEBRATION FARMSTEAD LUNCH & TOUR
Join the fun! The Celebration Farmstead Lunch & Tour includes the following:
· one-hour tour of a small, diversified, rotationally pastured, sustainable farm with farm managers, Mike and Barb Haigwood. The tour begins with Sally Fallon Morell in her state-of-the-art milking parlor;
· creamery demonstration video and sampling of delicious farmstead raw milk cheeses;
· a delectable farmstead lunch, featuring P.A. Bowen Farmstead pulled pastured pork, local grass-fed beef with fresh salads, sides and dessert made with local fruit and vegetables by local chef Trish Weaver of Dreamweaver Catering;
· acoustic bluegrass music by southern Maryland’s Gary Rue and band;
· educational program featuring leaders in our food rights movement;
· fun and games for the young, and young at heart;
· mini-marketplace for agtivist tee shirts and other FTCLDF items, Weston A. Price Foundation educational materials, fine crafts from local artists, local wine tasting and more;
· P.A. Bowen Farmstead Store stocked with farmstead cheese, pastured meat, poultry and eggs; bring your coolers!
· cash kombucha, artisanal wine and beer bar; and
· cool door prizes including a $100 shopping spree at P.A. Bowen Farmstead store.
Tickets: $75 for adults and $25 for children before June 20; after that date, prices increase by $40 for adults.
This event is limited by the capacity of this small sustainable farm for the first 400 guests.
This is a BYORM Event: Bring Your Own Raw Milk! According to Maryland law, it’s illegal for Sally to sell or serve you her delicious, nutritious raw milk, so feel free to bring your own!
PREMIUM TOUR & BREAKFAST UPGRADE
If you are in the mood to beat the crowd, dine on a gourmet farm breakfast and enjoy a special two-hour tour with Sally Fallon Morell as your guide, then the Premium Tour & Breakfast Upgrade ticket is for you!
Premium upgrade guests will be greeted at 8:30 a.m. and escorted to a delicious al fresco farm breakfast on a tree-shaded knoll overlooking the P.A. Bowen Farmstead.
Following breakfast, Sally will lead a two-hour tour of her farm, including stops at pastured pork, pastured poultry, grass-fed dairy cows and her state-of-the-art milking parlor.
At the conclusion of the tour, the guests will join in the activities of the Celebration Farmstead Lunch, with the option for an early lunch seating.
This event can accommodate only 100 guests.
Upgrade Tickets: Add $100 to the Celebration Farmstead Lunch Ticket for adults and $50 additional for children.
Reserve your tickets online or by phone at 703-208-FARM (3276).
Save $40 or more with the early bird discount, ending June 20, 2012.
The Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund, a 501(c)(4) nonprofit [EIN 20-8605130], defends the rights and broadens the freedoms of family farms and protects consumer access to raw milk and nutrient dense foods.
Event & Logistics Information
P.A. Bowen Farmstead Information
Please share this announcement with friends and family. More details and updates posted at www.farmtoconsumer.org/5years