Provision Family Farm
2. Farmer’s/Farm Family name: Luke and Caitlin Eising
3. Street address: 5274 E 6 Mile Rd.
4. City: White Cloud
5. State (2-letter abbreviation): MI
6. Zip: 49349
7. Phone number: 231 689 0457
8. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Website: provisionfamilyfarms.com
Type of Farm/Farm Practices
10. Are you Certified Organic? No
11. Are you Certified Biodynamic? No
12. If you are not Certified Organic, do you use organic production methods? No
13. Do you use synthetic fertilizers? No
14. Do you use any of the following: nonorganic pesticides, herbicides, parasiticides, or fungicides? No
15. Do you keep livestock? Yes
16. What animals do you keep?
Chickens (list breeds): Cornish X for meat
Different Layers every year currently Australorps and mixes
Ducks (list breeds): Mixed laying breeds
Turkeys (list breeds): Commercial broad breast (usually bronze)
Heritage Narraganset and Burbons
Other Poultry (list type and breeds): Christmas Geese (last year Toulouse
Cows (list breeds): Mixed Breeds including Hereford, Simmental, Limousin, Jersey and etc.
Goats (list breeds):
Pigs (list breeds): Mixed including Large Black, Duroc, Berkshire, Old Spot, Hampshire and etc
Sheep (list breeds): Mixed, including Texcel Ram
Other Animals (list type and breeds):
17. Do you use antibiotics? No
18. Are the animals pasture-fed? Yes
19. How much and for how long: Animals live on pasture year round.
20. Do you practice managed grazing? Yes
21. Do you apply compost or compost tea? Yes
22. Do you apply other soil amendments? No
23. Do you use supplemental feed?
For poultry (list type): Mixed feed, served wet and fermented including (and by percent weight):
Spent Brewing Grain
Summer vegetables especially zucchini
For cows, sheep, and/or goats (list type): Local Winter Hay
Intermittent Spent Brewing Grain
White Salt Block
For pigs (list type): See poultry
Also, various planted crops including corn, brassicas (rape, turnips etc) winter squash/pumpkins, and zucchini
Restaurant vegetable cuttings
24. Do you supply raw milk? No
25. Do you keep your barn and milk room clean?
26. Do you keep the cows clean/teats washed?
27. Do you thoroughly wash your milking equipment after every milking?
28. Are cows with mastitis or other health problems excluded from milking?
29. Are cows tested for disease?
Which tests, and how often:
30. Is the milk routinely tested for pathogens, coliform count?
Which tests, and how often:
31. Is the farm water routinely tested?
32. Are milk and milk products kept well chilled?
33. Other/Explain (list any other routine practices, or explain any of your answers above?
34. Do you sell milk? No
35. Meat butchered at a USDA-certified or state-certified abattoir? Yes
36. Meat butchered on the farm? Yes
37. Describe or explain any butchering practices: Poultry are processed on site by us, using clean practices, many rinses and prompt cold dunk in water. Products are vacuum packed and sold in parts or whole.
38. Please check off the products you sell and list current prices
Raw whole milk:
Raw ice cream:
Raw sour cream:
Raw cottage cheese:
Cheese (list types):
Other dairy (list):
Beef/veal: Ground Beef $7/lb
Ground Sirloin $8.50/lb
1/3lb Hamburger Patties(4pack)$9.50/each
Rib Steak, Rolled Rump, Sirloin, Flank, Skirt $9.00/lb
Brisket, Cube Steak,Chuck Roast,English Roast, Kabobs/Stew, Tongue $7.50/lb
T-Bone, Porterhouse, NY Strip $12.00/lb
Liver, Heart $4.00/lb
Pork: FRESH PORK
Sausage (Italian and Breakfast),
Ground Pork $7.00/lb
Bulk Sausage or Ground Pork (10 +lbs) $6.50/lb
Sausage Links Italian or Breakfast $9.00/lb
Maple Sausage $9.00/lb (local)
Bratwurst, Kielbasa, Italian Brat $9.50/lb (local)
Pork Steak, Pork Chops, Boston Butt,
Ham Roast, Shoulder Roast, Country Style Ribs $7.50/lb
Loin, Bnls Pork Chops, Cutlets $8.50/lb
Spare Ribs $5.00/lb
Baby Back Ribs $7.00/lb
Liver, Heart, Lard $4.00/lb
Smoked Hock $5.00/lb
Jowl Bcn,Cottage Bcn,Lunchmeat $9.00/lb
Ham, Smoked Loin $8.50/lb
Canadian Bacon $5.00/pkg(1/2lb packages)
Mutton/lamb: Shank $9.00/lb
Stew Meat, ground $10.00/lb
Leg Roast $12.00/lb
Boneless Leg, Chops, Rack $14.00/lb
Chicken: Whole $4/lb
Thigh, Liver $7/lb
Feet, Backs $2/lb
Stewing Hen $3/lb
Duck: Duck $5/lb
Turkey: Turkey $5/lb
Other poultry: Geese $5/lb
Eggs (list type, chicken, duck, etc) : Chicken $5/doz
Honey: Offered in Mason Jars
1/2 pint $5
Produce (list typical offerings): Please inquire
Prepared foods (list typical offerings):
Other: Raw wool
39. Do you only sell animals that are raised on your farm at the address listed?
Everything we sell is from our farm
40. Are the animals born on your farm at the address listed? Yes
We occasionally buy animals directly from other farmers to grow our farm, but are careful about what farm they come from; and always have a substantial waiting period on our farm.
41. Do you ever purchase animals from auctions or from your processor or do you ever buy parts from your processor (whole pork bellies…)? No
42. Do you personally attend to your animals at least once a day or do you hire help or farmers to do that for you? Personally Attend
43. Do you purchase pre-mixed feed from an elevator or do you grind your own? Purchase