We asked for suggestions for this page and this is what we found:
- Sue: “This is not in Grand Rapids but I LOVE Country Life Natural Foods, an awesome food coop in Pullman, about an hour’s drive from Grand Rapids. I buy 25 pound bags of organic wheat berries there plus lots of other things. They are run by the Seventh Day Adventists. Here is their web site. You do not have to be a member; anyone can shop there. They are vegetarians, so no meat products, but a huge variety of other, mostly organic items at a very good price. A huge variety of grains, seeds, nuts, coconut oil, etc.“
- Delton Food Co-op – Contact Person: Christyl Burnett 269-795-3133. Orders every 4 weeks from UNFI, orders every 4 to 6 months from Frontier, orders every 3 to 6 months from Farm Country Cheese in Lakeview, MI. Pick up in Delton (Barry County).
- Raw Honey Group Order – Contact Person: Lucinda Moody email@example.com. Order every few months throughout the year. Also organizes other group buys throughout the year for things like olive oil, raw almonds, Country Life, Green Pasture, coconut oil, etc. Pick up at home in NW Barry County or per arrangements.
- Visit this link for the West Michigan Co-op
- Be sure to check our local food sources page as many of our local farmers have drops around town!
- There may be other co-ops or buying clubs around town but they could be full if you don’t see them listed here. If you know of more we could add to this list, please let us know by emailing: info@NourishingWays.org.