Please consider volunteering a little of your time. We have room in this organization for all types of skills and involvement level.
Here are a few examples:
- Submit information each month about upcoming events to your Facebook page and to Nevada County Peeps, Local Food Coalition, The Union
- Post fliers around town to promote our events, icluding Briarpatch, California Organics and Natural Solutions.
- Contact local radio, KVMR and KNCO and other local groups about our events
- Send out Chapter Emails
- Help set up meeting rooms with tables and chairs as necessary
- Potluck coordinator (Schedule potluck hosts and their locations
- Help us arrange topics for next year.
- Reserve space for events, when necessary
- Coordinate volunteers
- Help with set up and clean up at events, when necessary
- Help organize a Community Food Preparation Event
- Carry materials to and from events
- Teach a segment of our classes
- Assist during classes
- Take notes at meetings
- Bring name tags to potlucks & meetings
- Create a newsletter for us
- Write article, newsletter or food feature for our Website and Facebook.
- Organize DVD showing night
- Mentor a new person
- Set up and run a text notification system
- And more… If you have other ideas just let us know
Let us know how you would like to be involved!