1. Name of farm: Bountiful Farm
2. Farmer’s/Farm Family name: Warner Family– John Warner is in charge of the Chicken operation (under the supervision of my husband- Christopher)
3. Street address: 8651 22 Mile Road NE
4. City: Sand Lake
5. State (2-letter abbreviation): MI
6. Zip: 49343
7. Phone number: 6087692376
8. Email: email@example.com
9. Website: none
Type of Farm/Farm Practices
10. Are you Certified Organic? No
11. Are you Certified Biodynamic? No
12. If you are not Certified Organic, do you use organic production methods? Yes
13. Do you use synthetic fertilizers? No
14. Do you use any of the following: nonorganic pesticides, herbicides, parasiticides, or fungicides? No
15. Do you keep livestock? Yes
16. What animals do you keep?
Chickens (list breeds): Rhode Island Reds
Ducks (list breeds):
Turkeys (list breeds):
Other Poultry (list type and breeds):
Cows (list breeds):
Goats (list breeds):
Pigs (list breeds):
Sheep (list breeds): Katahdin hair sheep (but these are our own meat animals)
Other Animals (list type and breeds):
17. Do you use antibiotics? No
18. Are the animals pasture-fed? Yes
19. How much and for how long: The whole time we have had them– either from birth or from purchase 6 months to a year ago. Chickens raised on a beyond organic standard farm, they forage & are fed certified organic-soy free feed.
20. Do you practice managed grazing? Yes
21. Do you apply compost or compost tea? Yes
22. Do you apply other soil amendments? Yes
23. Do you use supplemental feed?
For poultry (list type): Organic-soy free (certified) from a local farmer in Portland, MI.
For cows, sheep, and/or goats (list type): none
For pigs (list type):
24. Do you supply raw milk? No
25. Do you keep your barn and milk room clean? No
26. Do you keep the cows clean/teats washed? No
27. Do you thoroughly wash your milking equipment after every milking? No
28. Are cows with mastitis or other health problems excluded from milking? No
29. Are cows tested for disease? No
Which tests, and how often: This form is requiring us to fill out this section– we do not have cows so I responded in the negative for each.
30. Is the milk routinely tested for pathogens, coliform count? No
Which tests, and how often: We do not have cows. But were requried to fill out this section.
31. Is the farm water routinely tested? Yes
32. Are milk and milk products kept well chilled? No
33. Other/Explain (list any other routine practices, or explain any of your answers above?
34. Do you sell milk? No
35. Meat butchered at a USDA-certified or state-certified abattoir? No
36. Meat butchered on the farm? Yes
37. Describe or explain any butchering practices: (We butcher our own chickens and also our own sheep), but again, we are only selling eggs at this time.
38. Please check off the products you sell and list current prices
Raw whole milk:
Raw ice cream:
Raw sour cream:
Raw cottage cheese:
Cheese (list types):
Other dairy (list):
Eggs (list type, chicken, duck, etc) : Chicken — organic soy free feed– $6.00 a dozen
Produce (list typical offerings):
Prepared foods (list typical offerings):
39. Do you only sell animals that are raised on your farm at the address listed?
We have also raised Organic chickens and sold them but are not doing that at this time.
40. Are the animals born on your farm at the address listed? Yes
Most of our chickens were hatched at our house.
41. Do you ever purchase animals from auctions or from your processor or do you ever buy parts from your processor (whole pork bellies…)? No
42. Do you personally attend to your animals at least once a day or do you hire help or farmers to do that for you? Personally Attend
43. Do you purchase pre-mixed feed from an elevator or do you grind your own? Purchase
44. Where can customers find you? (check all that apply):