1. Name of farm: Green Pastures
2. Farmer’s/Farm Family name: Meerman
3. Street address: 14230 60th Ave
4. City: Coopersville
5. State (2-letter abbreviation): MI
6. Zip: 49404
7. Phone number: 616-997-1306
8. Email: email@example.com
9. Website: www.migreenpastures.net
Type of Farm/Farm Practices
10. Are you Certified Organic? Yes
11. Are you Certified Biodynamic? No
12. If you are not Certified Organic, do you use organic production methods? Yes
13. Do you use synthetic fertilizers? No
14. Do you use any of the following: nonorganic pesticides, herbicides, parasiticides, or fungicides? No
15. Do you keep livestock? Yes
16. What animals do you keep?
Chickens (list breeds):
Ducks (list breeds):
Turkeys (list breeds):
Other Poultry (list type and breeds):
Cows (list breeds): Jersey or Jersey Holstein Crosses
Goats (list breeds):
Pigs (list breeds):
Sheep (list breeds):
Other Animals (list type and breeds): Angus Beef and Pigs
17. Do you use antibiotics? No
18. Are the animals pasture-fed? Yes
19. How much and for how long: THe dairy cows and beef cows only eat grass (April-November) and hay in the winter. No grain.
20. Do you practice managed grazing? Yes
21. Do you apply compost or compost tea? Yes
22. Do you apply other soil amendments? Yes
23. Do you use supplemental feed?
For poultry (list type):
For cows, sheep, and/or goats (list type):
For pigs (list type): Non-GMO pig grower grain mix (plus they are on pasture)
24. Do you supply raw milk? Yes
25. Do you keep your barn and milk room clean? Yes
26. Do you keep the cows clean/teats washed? Yes
27. Do you thoroughly wash your milking equipment after every milking? Yes
28. Are cows with mastitis or other health problems excluded from milking? Yes
29. Are cows tested for disease? Yes
Which tests, and how often: We do check for mastitis frequently and are always monitoring their health on a daily basis.
30. Is the milk routinely tested for pathogens, coliform count? Yes
Which tests, and how often: E coli, Listeria, Campylobacter, Shiga toxin monthly.
31. Is the farm water routinely tested? Yes
32. Are milk and milk products kept well chilled? Yes
33. Other/Explain (list any other routine practices, or explain any of your answers above? The cows’ teats are cleaned with iodine before the milking begins. When the milking unit is applied, it allows for the milk to travel through sanitized, stainless steel pipe and into the bulk tank. The tank is emptied and cleaned 3 x week and cools the milk to 35-38 degrees.
34. Do you sell milk? Yes
35. Meat butchered at a USDA-certified or state-certified abattoir? Yes
36. Meat butchered on the farm? No
37. Describe or explain any butchering practices:
38. Please check off the products you sell and list current prices
Raw whole milk: We sell herd shares so that when people pay us monthly to care for the cows, they are allowed access to the herd’s milk. See www.migreenpastures.net for herd share pricing.
Raw ice cream:
Raw sour cream:
Raw cottage cheese:
Cheese (list types): Cheddar and Gouda
Other dairy (list):
Beef/veal: We sell beef by the side (1/4, halves) or by the cut. You can order online or shop in our farm store!
Pork: We sell pork by the side (1/2 or whole) or by the cut. You can order online or shop in our farm store!
Eggs (list type, chicken, duck, etc) :
Honey: We have farm raised bees and sell honey in our farm store.
Produce (list typical offerings):
Prepared foods (list typical offerings):
39. Do you only sell animals that are raised on your farm at the address listed?
40. Are the animals born on your farm at the address listed? Yes
41. Do you ever purchase animals from auctions or from your processor or do you ever buy parts from your processor (whole pork bellies…)? No
42. Do you personally attend to your animals at least once a day or do you hire help or farmers to do that for you? Personally Attend
43. Do you purchase pre-mixed feed from an elevator or do you grind your own? Purchase
44. Where can customers find you? (check all that apply):